Essential job functions: With support from the Operations Director and Executive Director, manage all aspects of the greenhouse operations, supervise interns, maintain demonstration gardens, assist with curriculum development, and manage the Super Jardineros program.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all Greenhouse and Super Jardineros Program Coordinators
- Collaborate and communicate with the other programs to achieve organizational goals
- Create and manage Program Budget
- Build community partnerships in Santa Clara County to increase food sovereignty
- Plant, transplant, and organize quality seedlings for SGP, Sales and other VV events
- Organize and pack seeds for SGP and VV events
- Develop planting schedules for seedlings needed for all Valley Verde programs
- Oversee research of seedling varieties
- Practice IPM to solve problem issues in the greenhouse and demonstration garden
- Maintain demonstration garden
- Track and input program data and greenhouse data to improve processes
- Write and submit grant reports for Greenhouse/Super Jardineros Program grants
- Manage production schedule for our wholesale business orders in partnership with the Operations Manager
- In collaboration with the Operations Director, oversee the operations of seedling sales
- Develop program curriculum for the Super Jardineros Program
- Oversee training of all Super Jardineros to grow quality seedlings for SGP and Sales
- Purchase all materials for the greenhouse and Super Jardineros programs
- Oversee social media content development for Greenhouse and Super Jardineros Program
- Assist customers with sales of seedlings at the site
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Director and Executive Director
Professional written and verbal skills in Spanish or Vietnamese required.
Knowledge and use of Popular Education/Learning or similar models in a classroom setting desired.
Extensive knowledge of greenhouse growing techniques of organic vegetables, integrated pest management, and urban gardening required
Strong writing & curriculum development skills desired
Must have regular/reliable access to a vehicle with appropriate insurance for transportation
Must be detail oriented and accurately report program attendance and other participant statistics
Experience working in a multiethnic community environment and having multicultural literacy
Ability to develop professional relationships with program participants regardless of language barriers, cultural differences, or physical/mental abilities
Must be extremely organized and have the ability to prioritize projects to meet deadlines consistently
Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team, show creativity, and ability to initiate and complete projects with limited supervision
At least 1 year of teaching or group facilitation preferred
Strong verbal and written communication skills required
Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite, Mailchimp, and Canva
Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, bend, and twist to complete garden projects and activities
Experience operating power tools, building, and assembling irrigation systems is a plus
Must be able to lift 30-40lbs
Must have at least 3 years of experience managing a Greenhouse
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Horticultural or Crop Science strongly preferred.
Master Gardener’s certification is strongly preferred.
Other related coursework or experience can be substituted.
About the Company
Valley Verde assists Silicon Valley’s underserved residents in growing organic vegetables in their own yards.
Our mission is to promote the widespread cultivation of organic home vegetable gardens to encourage healthier eating and address food insecurity in Silicon Valley.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Lovepreet, firstname.lastname@example.org