- 4 cups okra
- 2 cups onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Green chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
1. Wash the bhindis (okra) well.
2. Let them dry on a large plate on their own or wipe with a kitchen towel. Make sure there is no moisture or water on the okras.
3. Remove both ends of the okras, and chop into 1 to 1.5 inch pieces.
4. Chop onions into ½ to 1 inch pieces.
5. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
6. Add the chopped bhindi, and stir until it is mostly cooked. Keep stirring throughout the process.
7. Add the onions and cook for a minute. Add the remainder of the ingredients, besides cilantro and mix.
8. Cook until both onions and okra are soft. Okra is ready when it can be easily mashed.
9. Add chopped cilantro on top of the okra.
Notes: Make sure okra is fully dried prior to cooking.
Cook in an open pan without a cover. This will prevent okra from releasing slime.